Provincial Hip and Knee Pathway
This is a multidisciplinary clinic which manages outpatient care for clients who require knee or hip replacement
Referrals for assessment accepted via the GP Tool by physicians and nurse practioners (in conjunction with a GP)
from anywhere in the province.
An initial assessment is conducted by a Physical Therapist to determine appropriateness for joint replacement surgery followed by a nurse screening and orthopedic surgeon assessment if appropriate.
- is available for those awaiting surgery for joint replacement;
- consists of an education session about the surgery, pre and post-operative management and expectations for the recovery period;
- needs are assessed and equipment is arranged for the client at the class.
Post-operative Education Class
- is a weekly class for those who have had total hip or knee replacement;
- classes are held in several locations in the health region;
- call (306)694-0201 for details