To be assessed for Home Care Services, please contact the Access Centre.
Home Care Services are designed to provide customer centered care based on the needs of the individual. Our aim is to allow individuals to remain as independent as possible in their homes and communities. We work with the individual and their family and other supports to obtain their individual goals.
Five Hills Access Centre
The Five Hills Access Centre (FHAC) provides a single entry point for accessing Home Care, Respite Care, Palliative Care, Convalescent Care and Long Term Care in the Five Hills Health Region. Our primary focus is client-centered Assessment and Case Management services. FHAC is also responsible for Discharge Planning services out of the Dr. F.H. Wigmore Regional Hospital and coordination of admissions/discharges to Transition and Long Term Care beds throughout the Region.
Home Care Offices:
Moose Jaw Office
Moose Jaw, SK S6H 0Y9
Toll Free: 1-800-205-2273
Toll Free: 1-800-870-7234
Customer Plan of Care
A plan of care will be developed by you and your Community Care Coordinator, based on your needs and abilities. We will assist only with those tasks that you or your family/support cannot manage. Your Coordinator will visit or call on an ongoing basis to help you determine if your needs are being met. Home Care may not be able to meet all your needs and other services may need to be considered
Clients Rights and Responsibilities
Clients have the right to:
- be treated with consideration, respect and full recognition of their dignity and individuality.
- fully participate in the assessment process.
- participate in the service delivery and make personal choices within the parameters of services available.
- receive safe, appropriate and timely service.
- appeal the service plan decisions.
- refuse service.
- live at risk.
- be referred to other appropriate services.
- freedom from abuse, neglect or exploitation from Home Care staff.
- be assured of confidential treatment of their care records and personal information.
- clients or persons authorized to make health care decisions on behalf of the clients have the right to have their concerns heard, reviewed and where possible, resolved.
- have a support person or advocate involved in their service.
Clients have the responsibility to:
- be at home for regularly scheduled visits.
- provide 24 hours’ notice of cancellation of a regularly scheduled visit.
- treat Home Care staff with respect and courtesy.
- maintain a safe and smoke free environment while Home Care employees are present.
- advise the Home Care office about concerns on the quality of their service.
- to use equipment which is necessary for staff/client safety, in a safe and proper manner.
- Speak up if things don’t seem right or you have concerns
- Ask questions if you do not understand
- Keep an updated list of your medications
- Wash hands frequently. Ensure home care providers wash their hands before and after your care
- Follow advise of care staff regarding use of equipment and other safety measures to ensure your home is as safe as possible
- Try to maintain a healthy lifestyle- balanced diet, exercise, rest, immunization
- Have an easily accessible way to call for help in an emergency
- Example: Philips Lifeline Services – call 1-800-543-3546 or speak with any Home Care Staff and the will be happy to assist.
- Please keep sidewalks and entrances to homes clear of ice and debris
- Make sure house numbers are visible from the street and that entrance light is on when staff are visiting in the early morning and evening
- Ensure all pets are restrained when staff visit
- Refrain from smoking one hour prior to and during home care staff visit
- Cleaning products that staff may use in your home must be in there original container for identification purposes