Careers - Internationally Educated Health Professionals
* Note: This program is limited to current employees of Five Hills Health Region.
Pathways: IEHP Support, Bridging and Integration Project is a strategy funded by Health Canada in collaboration with the SK Ministry of Health which will extend from April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2016.
Five Hills Health Region aims to support our internationally educated nurses and other internationally educated health care professionals on their paths to professional licensure and ensure they are supported within their workplaces.
This goal can be achieved by:
- Providing information about pathways to licensure, employment and integration into the workforce.
- Offering career exploration and planning for Internationally Educated Health Professionals who are employed with a Saskatchewan Health Region, but not licensed and working in their trained health profession.
- Reducing the gap between international education and qualifications recognized in Canada through referrals to assessments, education, bridging programs and language training programs.
- Employment and training support through mentorship and funding for costs associated with approved assessments and training.
Career Planning Sessions
Individual career planning sessions for Internationally Educated Health Professionals currently employed within Five Hills Health Region are available upon request through the IEHP Provincial Project Lead (contact info below).
To learn more about IEHP initiatives and support for current Five Hills Health Region employees, please contact:
IEHP Provincial Project
People and Partnerships, Saskatoon Health Region
715 Queen Street
Saskatoon, SK S7K 4X4
Ph: (306) 655-3472 or (306) 655-3470
Fax: (306) 655-3979