Open Presence (Visiting Hours) in Five Hills Health
We recognize that family members are important to the overall well-being of you; the client. We welcome family members to be with you whenever you would like to have them present. That's why the Region no longer has specific visiting hours. Learn more about Open Presence by referencing the links below.
Patient Family-Centred Care Opportunities
These are patients and family members of patients who have been (or currently are) in the healthcare system. They offer valuable insight to staff, physicians, and management from a user’s point of view. They work with front-line staff to try to make the healthcare system run more effectively for patients and families.
Learn more by reading through the 'Patient and Family Advisor Handbook'.
Read Health Quality Council’s blog spots related to FHHR:
- PFCC Newsletter - February 2016
- Improved transcription services helps ensure timely access to patients' health information - May 2014
- RPIW Spotlight: Speeding the transfer of patients from the ED to the Medicine unit at Moose Jaw Union Hospital - April 2014
- Patients, families and employees to participate in safety alert system development - November 2013
- Five Hills quarterly review showcases region's commitment, enthusiasm - October 2013
- Empathy: The Human Connection to Patient Care - June 2013
Read related Moose Jaw Times Herald articles:
- Five Hills Talks 3P Model at Review - March 17, 2014
- Priming for Patients: Improving Rapidly - February 15, 2014
- Putting Patient Centred Care Into Action - April 30, 2013
- Patient Focus in New Hospital Planning - November 9, 2012
- Second step in the 3P process for the new hospital project to begin next week - June 7, 2012
Click here to email our Director of Community Engagement to sign up to help.